Who are we?
- Big Boat Charters provide the site to help consumers or boating enthusiasts both search boats of all types and plan their next sailing trip combining details of various boats available. User needs to search for possible options based on starting location, destination and date of the trip. We are not boat renting brokers ourselves, our purpose is to help both boat owners and renters. Using our platform boat owners can rent suitable boat to renters from the comfort of laptop, computer or smartphone.
- Big Boat Charters is an online platform or mobile app where boat renters can select the best boat for a trip. Many boat owners are registering with us, based on your need and day you can easily book boat online using our services.
What Information we collect?
Big Boat Charters may collect all or some of the following personal data (this may vary based on your relationship or type of service with us):
- Your Name, Email address, Password, interest, information about your preferences, demographic information such as gender and various other information which is directly given by you on our website or mobile app. In addition to that, we may also collect information about you when communicate or correspond with us. For instance when you call or send us e-mail we may collect personal details. We may further collect additional information or data about you which is publicly available or with your explicit permission get access more information on several platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Big Boat Charters may automatically log information about your system or device. For instance, when you visit our website or download our mobile app we log your device operating system type, browser, language and the site you visited before browsing our website or pages you viewed. We collect all information about the time you spent on each page, information about your use of our website, access times and actions on the portal.
Big Boat Charters may receive information about you if you are using any of the other portals we operate or other facilities provided by us. In such cases we will inform you when any data is collected and it may be combined and shared internally with other collected data on the website to form part of your information. Big Boat Charters is also working closely with other third parties which includes business partners, payment services sub-contractors in technical services, delivery services, analytics providers, advertising networks, brokers and search information providers. At times we may receive information about you from these third parties.
On Big Boat Charters website, forms where you need to enter personal information have options to accept or decline to our Use of Personal Information for marketing purposes, selecting the right option may serve your purpose. Its important to know here that you recently submitted form will be used as current consent status. For users who are registered with our online portal but didn’t sign in while submitting the form we won’t be able to save your submitted form. User consent choice will be considered as per the form you submit.
How we use all your information?
Under the current law, Big Boat Charters must always have legal basis for using personal information. This is because the data is essential to provide you with all access to different parts of mobile app or site, or for Big Boat Charters performance of contract with you or as you have consented to our use of personal data or as it is in our genuine business interest to use these information. Personal information collected can be used for some of the following purposes:
- Managing and providing your account.
- Helping you know and supplying information of different products or services. Your personal information or details is necessary for Big Boat Charters to enter into any contract with you.
- Tailoring and personalizing our products as well as services for you.
- For communicating with you with best deals and offers. This may include responding to calls or emails from you.
- Supplying you details or information by email you have opted-in about our products or services. You can easily unsubscribe or opt-out from such emails or calls any time by clicking on appropriate unsubscribe link under the communication.
- Big Boat Charters may aggregate the information to recognize some patterns which can be useful in our marketing purposes and to help us administer, develop, improve or support our services as well as features.
- As you have consented to being communicated or contacted by third parties including boat owners or brokers, we may share your personal information available to them for more attractive deals and personalize services to you.
- Your personal information can be used to administer our website and for various internal operations such as data analysis, troubleshooting, statistical purposes, research, testing and survey purposes.
- Your personal information can be used to improve our site so that that the content is presented in most effective way for you and your device.
- Your personal information can be used to understand and measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others. Our purpose is to deliver relevant advertising based on your need.
- Your personal information can be used to make recommendations and suggestions to you as well as other users of the website about goods or services which may interest you as well as new users.
- Details about your last browser search are sent to third-party boat owners, brokers, business partners or advertisers to help them find best deals and suitable boats matching your requirements closely. For users registered and signed in, all your settings will be included to the above mentioned third parties to provide personalized and best services matching your need.
- If you call Big Boat Charters or any third party boat owners, brokers, business partners or advertisers, information about the date and time of the call, your telephone number and status will be made available to them. All conversation over the phone may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. All these phone recordings will only be available to the advertisers or partner you contacted and Big Boat Charters employees.
- If you are willing to save boats that are interesting and best for your purpose on the Big Boat Charters we can help you identify the saved boats. All these details can be anonymously collected to check how many users have saved any particular boat. Big Boat Charters won’t share any personal data related to which users saving which boats.
- If you are willing to save searches or use boat alert features to receive information or notification about new boats matching your need or budge added to this site, Big Boat Charters will record the settings you prefer to use and send you details for better experience for future upcoming trips. Big Boat Charters won’t share any information about any particular boat you prefer to any of our advertisers, third parties or partners.
- Some of our partner service uses automated systems for carrying out particular kinds of profiling as well as decision-making. At any point if you wish to query the action that Big Boat Charters take on the bass of this or want ‘human intervention’ so that someone can review the action themselves rather depending on the automated method, present law gives you the right to go ahead. Feel free to contact our support team by emailing for further assistance.
Following automated profiling and decision-making methods can be used:
If you place any boat or yacht enquiry through Big Boat Charters site or mobile app we will use certain elements such as browser location, language, time zone, access times, how long you have spend on the page, budgets, regions of interest, your preferences, previous enquiries and other details to help us find and select a third-party boat broker who may be in ideal to help you with all necessary requirements.
Who else has access to your Personal information?
- Big Boat Charters may sometimes contract with several third parties to help you find the best products as well as services based on your requirement. These may include delivery, marketing and payment processing. In few cases, third parties may require access to all or some of your personal data which Big Boat Charters hold. By visiting or using our website, you consent to us sharing your personal information to third parties licensed by us to provide services.
- At any point if your personal information or data is necessary by a third party, as mentioned above, Big Boat Charters will take necessary steps to ensure that all shared information is handled securely, safely and in accordance with your rights, third party obligations and Big Boat Charters obligations under the law. Big Boat Charters won’t allow any third party to use your personal information commercially without your consent.
- If any of personal data is transferred outside the jurisdiction, Big Boat Charters will take suitable steps to ensure that all your personal information or data is treated safely and securely as it would be within the United States.
- In few limited circumstances, Big Boat Charters may be legally required to share few personal information which may include yours, when you are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal commitment, instructions of particular government authority or a court order.
- At any point if Big Boat Charters enters into a joint venture with or our business is merged or sold to another business or firm, all your personal information saved with us may be ultimately transferred and disclosed to our new business owners or partners.
What are my rights?
Under the present law, here are the following rights you have and Big Boat Charters will always work to uphold:
- The right to access your personal information we hold about you, in the following section we will tell you about the process.
- You have every right to rectify any personal information or data which is held by Big Boat Charters in case its incomplete or inaccurate. Feel free to reach us by emailing or call us to find out more.
- You have every right to object us in using any of your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- You have every right to prevent or restrict the processing of your personal data.
- You have every right to ask Big Boat Charters to dispose or delete any of your personal data which we have. For more information about this you can contact us by emailing or telephone.
- You have every right to data portability. This implies that, if you have shared personal information to use directly, Big Boat Charters is using it with your consent or for performance of contract. All these personal information or data is processed using automated means; you have every right to ask us for a copy of the date or information to re-use with another business or service in numerous cases.
- Your rights relating to automated profiling and decision-making. In the above section we have mentioned how your personal information including automated profiling and decision-making.
For more information about Big Boat Charters use of personal information or exercising of your rights as mentioned above, please feel free to email or call us. Big Boat Charters is always available to help you with the process.
Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Office.
At any point if you have any objection or cause for complaining about Big Boat Charters use of your personal information, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Office.
Accessing your Personal Data
- At any stage if you want to know about the personal information or data we have about you, feel free to ask Big Boat Charters for a copy of your personal data with us. This is called a “subject access request”. Big Boat Charters will share a copy of your personal information held.
- The above mentioned subject access requests should be made in writing, you should send us the request by emailing to our support team.
- In general there are no charges for subject access request. In any case if you subject access request is unfounded or excessive a nominal charge may be asked. For instance if you are making repetitive requests a small fee may be charged to cover all our administrative costs.
- Big Boat Charters team will respond to your subject access request within three weeks and in cases not more than one month from the day of receiving the request. Generally, we aim to provide a complete response, which includes a copy of personal information within that time. There may be cases where your request is more complex; in such cases more time is necessary up to a maximum of about three months from the date of receiving your request. Big Boat Charters will continuously keep you fully informed about the progress.
What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of numbers or leers which we store on your browser or hard disk of your device as you agree. Cookies generally contain information which is transferred to your device’s hard disk.
Which cookies are used?
Big Boat Charters uses the following cookies:
- Cookies which are strictly necessary. There are some cookies which are important for the basic operation of Big Boat Charters website. It includes for instance cookies which enable you to log into the secure areas of the site, log in to your account or maintain user sessions.
- Performance or Local storage cookies. These are cookies which allow us to count and recognize the number of visitors. Using these cookies helps us to see how many visitors are moving or browsing our site. Using these cookies help us to improve Big Boat Charters website performance. For instance users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are cookies used to recognize you when you are returning back to our website. Using these cookies helps Big Boat Charters to personalize the content based on your need, greet you by name and remembering your preference for easy access. For instance your choice of region or language will be remembered.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies maintain a record of your visit to the site, the pages you have visited and links followed. Collecting or storing this information will help us to make our website and advertisements displayed on it more useful or relevant to your need. This information may also be shared with third parties or partners for the same purpose.
For more information about the individual cookies Big Boat Charters use and the purpose of these cookies, feel free to reach our support team.
Whilst Big Boat Charters makes every effort to respect and recognize your choices, its possible that not all cookies or methods of data capture won’t be always covered. If it is a matter of concern to you, its recommended that you change browse settings. You can wish to block or restrict web browser cookies which are already set on the device; this can be done through your browser settings. If not, there are many dedicated portals where you can find information about the process, which should help.
Online Behavioral Advertising
- Cookies can be blocked by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse settings of some or all cookies. However, if by any chance you are using your browser settings to block all the useful cookies you may not be able to access some or all parts of our portal.